Competitor Terms and Conditions
Version 3.5 (last updated 09/11/2012)
- "Fabian4" shall mean a division of Fabian Computers Ltd.
- "Event Entry Data" shall include all data entered by the competitor, except for
credit or debit card details.
- "Event Officials" shall include any person involved in the organisation of the event
as nominated by and including the Event Organiser.
- "Official Closing Date" shall mean the date on which normal event entries close
(see the relevant event website). This date is only relevant to condition
2 below, where the date is prior to 1 month before the event. Note that late
entries may still be possible after this date, but typically at an increased entry
- Fabian4 liability - Fabian4 acts as an agent for the Event Organiser
for the purpose of taking online entries only. Fabian4 shall not be liable
for the conduct, organisation, delivery or operation of the event in any way whatsoever.
- Cancellation – The refund payable due to cancellation of your entry
(or part thereof), requested prior to 1 calendar month before the event, or on or
before the Official Closing Date, whichever is the earlier, will be subject to an
administration charge of 5% of the fee being refunded + £2. VAT will also
be payable on this charge. I.e. the 4th February would be the last day a refund
could be claimed for an event starting on the 5th March (where the Official Closing
Date was after the 4th February). Cancellation requests received after the
earlier of these 2 dates will not be refunded unless specifically permitted by the
event (see the relevant event website). Competitors may only cancel their
entry while the event itself has not been curtailed or cancelled (see 4 below).
If the total refund is less than £1, then no refund will be made.
- Amendments - Class or start time amendments may be subject to an
administration charge as determined by the event organiser (see the relevant event
website for details). Other amendments, which do not affect the entry cost,
class or start time, are free of charge at all times.
- Event curtailment or cancellation – Event curtailment or cancellation
will mean any refund being made at the organiser's discretion, and will be subject
to the administration charge as described above.
- Risk & Safety – Competitors accept the hazards associated
with participating in the event, and take part at their own risk and are responsible
for their own safety.
- Event organiser liability – Other than the organiser’s liability for causing death or personal injury by negligence, Event Officials will not accept liability
for any injury, accident, loss or damage to the competitor or their property that may arise before, during
or after the event as a consequence of participation in the event.
- Data protection – The Event Entry Data you give will be used by
both Fabian4 and the Event Officials only for the purpose of processing and publishing
entries and results. Your Event Entry Data will not be passed to any other
third party. Credit and Debit card details are held solely by the Payment
Service Provider Sage Pay, and are unknown to both Fabian4 and the Event Officials.